Shopify doubling down on video, 3D and augmented reality
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
As part of a series of new feature announcements made at its 2019 Unite conference, Shopify announced updates to its support for video, 3D models, augmented reality and other similar features.
- The product user interface will be updated later this year to include more options to integrate the necessary assets to enable these features.
- Video will be natively supported for products, as will 3D models for use in augmented reality.
- Shopify has also said it will provide storage for asset files as well as a player and viewer in its 10 default themes.
- Third party developers will be able to developer applications to edit and modify these advanced media files.
- Shopify is also adding new media APIs.