Marie Kondo, who is become famous (or infamous) for an empire around letting things go to “tidy up” your life, has opened an online store that, among other things, sells a $96 ladle.
- The irony of Kondo, who encourages followers to pick up items and determine it brings them “joy” to declutter their lives, encouraging people to buy stuff isn’t lost on many.
- The store is called “The Shop at KonMari” and is powered by Shopify.
- For her part, Kondo’s store is billed as “a collection of items that spark joy for Marie and enhance your everyday routine.”
- Other items include a $75 box and $275 brass tool holder (whatever that is).
- On social media, some have praised what they view as Kondo’s apparently brilliant plan — get people to throw out all their crap so they have to buy her stuff.