Microsoft is expanding its presence in the SaaS ecommerce world.
- Dubbed Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce, the new offering joins Microsoft’s existing retail solutions.
- The commerce service is part of the Dynamics 365 platform, which offers CRM and ERP solutions.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce doesn’t appear, at least initially, to be as small business focused as options from Shopify, Wix or Squarespace.
- According to its website, licenses for its retail plan start at $170 per user per month.
- The site doesn’t list specific pricing for the commerce application, which is labeled as a “preview.”
- Microsoft’s offering, which integrated with its Azure cloud computing platform, could be an appealing option for larger online retailers looking to avoid Amazon and its AWS services.