Yankee Candle is facing customer backlash after delays in getting online holiday orders out.
- Customers are reporting that orders placed in late November and early December still have not arrived despite promised 6-8 day shipment windows.
- Many customers also say the company has been lax on its communication and customer service with the mishaps.
- Yankee Candle, meanwhile, is blaming the issues on higher than expected order volume and says it will work with customers to resolve issues.
- Yankee also says that a “systems” issue has compounded the problems.
- Some customers are reporting receiving shipment notifications that will have the candles in hand just before Christmas.
- The company has said that orders placed before 1 p.m. Pacific time on Dec. 14, 2019, should have their orders in time for Christmas.
- However, that tight delivery window isn’t sitting well with some who were planning on giving them as gifts before Dec. 25 or shipping them to friends or relatives for arrival before the holiday.