ESPN Events has announced it will hold the first ESPN Collegiate eSports Championship.
- Hundreds of schools from across North America are competing in qualifiers hosted by Tespa and Collegiate StarLeague that will soon begin, all for the chance to compete in the live LAN semi-final and championship in Houston, this May.
- The live championship event in Houston will take place May 10-12, 2019, at the George R. Brown Convention Center during the Comicpalooza weekend and will be produced and staged by ESPN Events.
- Overwatch, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Hearthstone, StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm are among the first games to be announced as a part of the LAN Championship event.
- Tespa and Collegiate Star League will hold qualifying rounds for Blizzard’s games and Street Fighter V, respectively, all culminating at the Collegiate eSports Championship in May. The CEC will become Overwatch’s only collegiate championship, previously held at the Fiesta Bowl.
- Finalists will compete for prizing in the form of scholarships, and portions of the qualifying rounds and the LAN Championship will be streamed globally on various platforms.