Krispy Kreme baking up interactive flagship store in Times Square
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Krispy Kreme is planning to open a flashy store in Times Square in 2020.
- The store will be at the corner of Broadway and 48th Street and will be open 24 hours a day.
- As with most Times Square stores and restaurants, there will be large digital signage above the ground floor level storefront.
- Above this, the largest iteration of the chain’s “Hot now” light will be perched on the corner.
- The store itself will be 4,500 square feet.
- Krispy Kreme’s “Doughnut Theater” will be reimagined in the store, including the “glaze waterfall.”
- Stadium style seating will be installed inside an oversized recreation of Krispy Kreme box and provide a sweeping view of the “theater” and store.
- Visitors will also be able to eat doughnuts that they just watched being made.
- The store will also include exclusive merchandise that pay tribute to both NYC and Krispy Kreme.
- In addition, the store will also offer “on the go” convenience items including packaged doughnuts and coffee.
- Krispy Kreme expects the Times Square store will serve more customers than any other location.