Suburban Chicago mall to add ‘tree’ house, indoor ‘park’
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
A mall in a Chicago suburb is getting a $7 million renovation to add an indoor “park” complete with “tree house.”
- The Fox Valley Mall, located in Aurora, Illinois, just outside of Naperville, is slated to get a new “Center Park” area.
- The property is owned by Centennial Real Estate.
- The mall is already at work on Phase I of the improvements, that will bring the outside in thanks to greenery.
- The goal is to have the project done for a grand opening for a Thanksgiving eve grand opening — just in time for Black Friday shoppers.
- Phase II, meanwhile, will feature building an elevated “tree house” and won’t open until mid-2020.
- Like many malls, the Fox Valley Mall is struggling as shoppers head online. It has lost both Sears and Carson’s as anchor stores in recent years.
- The mall also has its share of vacant smaller stores.
- In additional to the remaining traditional retail stores, the mall also has experiences, including an indoor ice rink, Round 1 Bowling & Amusement and All In Adventure escape rooms.