Walt Disney World plans 50th anniversary spectacular
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Walt Disney World is gearing up for its 50th anniversary.
The park, located outside of Orlando, Florida, officially opened Oct. 1, 1971, and Disney is planning to start celebrating that same day in 2021.
Dubbed “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” the even runs Oct. 1, 2021 through 2023.
Some of the highlights Disney has planned include:
- EARidescent Excitement: Special costumes and clothing for Disney characters throughout all four WDW parks.
- Disney Enchantment: A combination fireworks, projection and musical display incorporating the castle and Main Street U.S.A.
- Harmonious: Fireworks, fountains, lights and more at Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon.
- Beacons of Magic: Select attractions will be illuminated with lights and projection effects on different nights.
- Fab 50 Character Collection: Disney is installing 50 statues (cast in gold) around all four parks for visitors to discover.
- Disney KiteTails: A new performance leveraging custom designed kites to retail beloved Disney stories.
- Merchandise: A wide variety of souvenir limited edition apparel, accessories and more will be available for sale, including vintage style offerings.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: This new attraction will open Oct. 1, as part of the celebration kickoff. The attraction is slated to continue operating after the event.