Facebook gets new logo design
Facebook has a new logo.
- The company unveiled its new logo Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- The new logo retains the distinctive “f” letter, but replaces the rounded square container with a circle.
- In addition, the new look moves the “f” to the center of the icon, rather than the right side like in the old version.
- The “Facebook” logotype that has the full name of the company is now relegated to use only for the company — but not its services.
- Facebook has been moving toward circular looks for some time now, including in profile photos for both individual profiles and company pages.
- The logo’s “f” is still in the company’s customized version of Freight Sans Pro.
- The company has also retained its famous “thumbs up” linking icon — but restricts that to use for “liking” actions.
- Facebook has also switched to a brighter shade of blue that should be used on the “f” icon.
- However, the corporate logo retains the old shade of blue.
- Previously, Facebook used a logo based on the font Klavika from 2005 to 2015.
- Prior to that, when it was known as “The Facebook” — the logo was set in Verdana.