Dean Foods files for bankruptcy
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- Dean owns brands such as Dairy Pure, Oak Farms and TruMoo.
- The bankruptcy filing comes as consumer are shifting to dairy alternatives such as soy, almond, coconut and oat milk.
- Dean hasn’t made any meaningful steps toward adding those types of products to its offering.
- It also lost contracts with Walmart and Food Lion, who now processes its own milk.
- Chains Kroger and Albertsons are also expanding their production capacity, though those chains still plan on selling Dean products for now, though they are already selling milk and dairy products under their house brands or owned brands.