Man says Amazon sent him a waffle iron with someones old waffle still stuck in it
A waffle iron purchased as new on Amazon allegedly contained the remnants of an old waffle when it was opened on Christmas morning.
- Brian McCarthy, a photographer based in Los Angeles, tweeted a photo of the alleged product, clearing showing what appears to be an old waffle still inside of it.
- The iron was purchased for McCarthy’s daughter from a listing that did not advertise the item as “used” or “refurbished.”
- Although Amazon hasn’t directly confirmed if the incident is genuine, it did apologize to McCarthy, as did the manufacturer of the waffle iron, Select Brands.
- The icky waffle iron in question is apparently on its way back to Amazon for a refund — presumably with the waffle still in it.
- McCarthy plans to replace it with the same model, but he’s buying in a store this time around, he said.
Read full story »
Wow, my mom sent my daughter a new wafflemaker from @amazon and they sent us a used one with the FOOD STILL IN IT. Disgusting! I guess @khadeeja_safdar, @deniseduana & @shaneshifflett of @WSJ are right. @amazon has no quality control. https://t.co/AuYpz0XP0u pic.twitter.com/FYckJQDA08
— Brian McCarthy (@McCarthyPhotoLA) December 26, 2019