Mixmaster: Coca-Cola testing next gen Freestyle machine
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Coca-Cola is testing the fourth generation of its Freestyle machine, which lets customers dispense soft drinks with a variety of blends and flavors not normally available, all in a footprint the size of a traditional soft drink dispenser.
- The Freestyle 9100 is being tested in undisclosed restaurant locations across the country.
- The machine is expected to officially roll out nationwide starting in 2019.
- Freestyle 9100s have a 24-inch high definition touchscreen.
- Flavors are dispensed from custom developed cartridges.
- Each machine can carry a combination of base and flavor add-ons that result in approximately 200 drink combinations.
- In addition, the machine is equipped with Bluetooth to connect with the Freestyle mobile app, allowing users to call up favorite drink recipes quickly.
- The new machines also have the ability for restaurants to offer exclusive or limited time offerings.
- For example, Wendy’s has experimented with Dave’s Cherry Cream Soda, while Zaxby’s offered a limited-edition Sprite-and-Mello Yello.
- 50,000 Freestyle machines are deployed across the U.S.