Ore-Ida’s ‘Potato Pay’ campaign is the future of ‘frynance’
Ore-Ida has rolled out a “Potato Pay” ad campaign:
- The campaign’s tagline is the “latest mealtime bribery.”
- The website and ads are accompanied by a “Potato Pay” logo reminiscent of Apple, Google, Android and Samsung Pay, complete with a potato icon.
- The money analogies continue with statements such as “Introducing the future of home frynance.”
- “Potato Pay is a new mealtime currency powered by Ore-Ida. Each fry is created to be the most satisfying bribery tool possible,” the “digital wallet” website reads.
- Heinz, which owns the Ore-Ida brand, also setup a website, trypotatopay.com.