After Popeyes introduced its new chicken sandwich, customers ate through the entire inventory in August.
- The chain said it originally bought enough inventory to last from its Aug. 12, 2019, launch date through the end of September.
- However, the sandwich was such a hit that chain announced most stores would run out of inventory by the end of August.
- Now, the chain says the item will return to menus nationwide Nov. 3, the company confirmed to NBC News.
- Nov. 3 happened to be a Sunday — the one day a week Popeyes chicken sandwich rival Chick-Fil-A is closed.
- Select Popeyes restaurants will also hire as many as two new employees each to handle production of the sandwich.