Starbucks is giving away $10 bonus gift cards — with a bunch of catches
Starbucks is giving away 56,250 $10 gift cards to people who purchase gift cards Dec. 17 through 22, 2019.
- There is one catch — you’re not guaranteed to get a promotional gift card if more than 56,250 have been issued.
- You can purchase gift cards via the Starbucks website or app (but not in stores).
- You must use a MasterCard to make your purchase.
- The offer is limited to one purchase per unique card number and email address.
- You are permitted to purchase a gift card for yourself and then transfer the balance to your Starbucks Rewards account, if applicable (we tested it and it worked).
- Starbucks immediately emails the gift card you paid full price for — but it’s not clear when the bonus ones go out.
- It’s also not immediately clear if paying with an Apple Card (which are technically MasterCards) via Apple Pay counts, though we here at MixDex have tried it and will let you know what happens.
- Again, there is also the possibility that Starbucks will run out of the 56,250 cards it’s offering and you won’t get the $10 bonus.
- However, the original gift card you purchased will still be valid at the full price you paid, so the worst case scenario is you don’t get the extra $10.