This is embarrassing: Chick-fil-A invites customers to come in on the day it’s closed
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
Chick-fil-A forgot that it’s not open on Sundays when it sent an email to customers with a National Sandwich Day theme.
- National Sandwich Day is observed Nov. 3 each year.
- However, Nov. 3 is a Sunday this year and all Chick-fil-A locations are famously closed on Sundays.
- “Calling all sandwich lovers,” the message declared. “Some prefer it grilled, others fancy the original. No matter which Chick-fil-A sandwich you love, order yours on November 3 for National Sandwich Day.”
- The company followed later with a correction and apology.
- “The cows sometimes get over-eager on their quest for self-preservation,” Chick-fil-A said in a statement, referencing its cow-themed “Each more chicken” marking campaign. “They have been reminded that Sundays are off limits.”
- Popeyes Chicken, which is prepping to bring back its hit chicken sandwich that some have described as “like Chick-fil-A but without the hate” is set to return nationwide Nov. 3, 2019.
- Chick-fil-A is known for donating money to anti-LGBTQ groups.