Who owns Blue Apron?
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Meal kit delivery service Blue Apron is a publicly traded company — so it’s not “owned” by anyone in the traditional sense.
- The company had an IPO June 29, 2017 listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol APRN.
- As of March 26, 2018, the company had lost over 80% of its value.
- Later in 2018, the company reported paid orders were down.
- In 2017, Blue Apron acquired Bill Niman’s BN Ranch, a small network of ranches raising beef and turkey, as part of an effort to reduce its beef costs.
- The company also announced it would look to partner with additional ranches to supply chicken and pork for its meal kits.