Would you eat this fried chicken sandwich with a blast of Cheeto flavor?
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The sandwich is being test at select restaurants in Greensboro, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina; Roanoke, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia and Greenville, Georgia markets.
- In addition to a breaded extra crispy chicken fillet, the sandwich comes with mayo, “special Cheetos sauce” and a handful of Cheetos.
- Combining popular snack foods with fast food menu items has been a popular trend of late — if only for the attention such concoctions get on social media.
- Burger King previously offered deep fried macaroni and cheese sticks with Cheetos flavoring, while Cheetos sister snack Fritos have shown up on Sonic menus.
- Both Cheetos and Fritos are owned by Frito Lay, whose parent company is Pepisco, which previously owned KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Long John Silver’s and has a longterm soft drink soft drink contract with the restaurants.