Google rebrands connected home offerings as ‘Google Nest’
Google is rolling out a single, unified brand for its connected home products and services.
- The new brand, Google Nest, borrows the “Nest” name from Nest Labs, the company Google bought in 2014.
- Nest Labs, as it was known at the time, also bought Dropcam in 2014 as well — and rebranded the web camera as “Nest Cam.”
- Now, the Nest name will live on as a sort of umbrella brand for Nest, Dropcam and Google Home products, including the Google Home Assistant and Google Home Mini.
- As part of the rebranding, the products will eventually switch over to a “Google Nest” logo that features the multicolored “G” with the word “Nest” below it.
- Notably, Google did not go with a separate icon design for this brand.
- In the interim, the nest.com website is still operating with the old logo, though the Google Store has been updated with the new branding.