From 2016 to 2018, Tribune’s newspaper publishing division was used the made up word “Tronc” as its name (it was said to stand for “Tribune Online Content.”)
- As horrid as the name was, the Tronc logo design was even worse.
- The company used curved letters that sort of dissolved into pixels on the left side, along with an orange-red-violet-blue gradient fill.
- In 2018, after the company announced it would go back to its more straightforward name, it released a new logo design.
- The new logo has the word “Tribune” placed between two exaggerated brackets.
- The “Publishing” label is in smaller blue type below that matches the color of the brackets.