Can I use Shopify to sell in multiple currencies?
Yes and no.
- Shopify rolled out support for selling using select global currencies to Shopify Plus subscribers in February 2019.
- If you’re not a Shopify Plus subscriber, there are still some ways you can sell in multiple currencies.
- First, many Shopify themes, such as those from Out of the Sandbox, feature built in currency converters.
- However, it’s important to note that currency converters only show customers the prices of items, based on current exchange rates, in their local currency.
- Customers using stores with currency converters can’t actually pay in their local currency.
- For customers to be able to pay in another currency, without using Shopify Plus, you can set up a separate store for each country that uses the local currency as its base.
- In most cases, however, you will need to have a bank account and, possibly, a business registration, in that country.
- Keep in mind that most major credit cards will work on your store assuming the shopper’s card is compatible.