Announced at Shopify Unite 2019, Shopify has decided to take on building out a fulfillment network.
- The new service, initially available only in the U.S., will feature geographically dispersed fulfillment centers that are integrated with Shopify’s multiple sales channels.
- The service is targeted at merchants processing between 10 and 30,000 orders per day.
- Shopify also is including “smart” inventory management powered by machine learning.
- The service will also be able to handle returns and exchanges, custom packaging and kiting.
- Shopify aims to have a 99.5% certainty and accuracy rate of picking, packing and shipping orders on time.
- This service is currently in early release and interested merchants can sign up here.