Shopify adding multilingual features
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
At Shopify Unite, the ecommerce platform announced key new features for running stores in multiple languages.
- A new translations API will allow Shopify partners to build more flexible translations features for products, blog posts and more.
- A shops locale API will further refine which locales are published or unpublished.
- Shopify will also roll out support for unique URLs for different languages. For example, mystore.com can have a French version at mystore.com/fr and Italian at mystore.com/it.
- Liquid changes will also allow Shopify themes to automatically display the correct translations based on these URL paths and availability of translations.
- Store owners will be able to manage which languages are available on their store, including keeping some in an unpublished state.