Shopify announces font partnership with Monotype
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Shopify has announced a partnership with Monotype that will make some of the foundry’s fonts available to store owners:
- Select Monotype fonts will be available for free to Shopify store owners.
- In addition, Shopify has added multiple open source fonts, many of which are already available via the popular Google Fonts service, to its offerings, bringing the number of fonts to “hundreds.”
- Using the new fonts will not require custom coding or installing files.
- Users will be able to access the new fonts directly from the theme editor.
- Store owners will need to update their theme to take advantage of this new feature.