Shopify reports over $1 billion increase in sales during BFCM weekend
Shopify merchants sold a combined total of more than $2.9 billion during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend.
- According to data released by Shopify, this number is an over $1 billion increase from last year’s $1.8 billion in sales processed on the platform during 2018’s BFCM weekend.
- At one point during Black Friday, sales topped out at $1.5 million per minute at 3:01 p.m. eastern time.
- Shopify reported average order sizes of $83.05 in the U.S. and $96.30 in Canada (the highest country average).
- Meanwhile, France at $66.86 and the U.K. at $67.01 had the lowest average order sizes.
- 69% of all sales were made on phones or tablets, while 19% of all checkouts involved shipping from one country to another.