Shopify has released an updated version of its POS system for brick and mortar sales.
Click here to read the full story »
- The new kit still uses an iPad, which is not included in the base price, as both a screen and touchscreen.
- The system includes a case for the iPad, which can, in turn, be docked onto a base station that charges the device and provides links to receipt printers and two USB ports for charging accessories such as barcode scanners or card readers.
- The base station can also be anchored to a counter or other tabletop to keep it in one place.
- A built in swivel feature lets cashiers flip the iPad around for customers to sign and provide input, such as contact information for digital receipts.
- In addition, a redesigned card reader and dock accepts both chip and contactless Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- When taken off the base, it can be easily carried around your store or taken on the road.
- The card reader connects wirelessly to your phone or tablet.
- I addition to these base items, Shopify also offers a selection of third party barcode scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers and more.
- Components can be purchased separately or individually.
- As of April 26, 2019, the new hardware may, according to Shopify’s website, take up to three weeks to ship.