Shopify yanks Mailchimp integration days before Black Friday
Shopify has removed email marketing provider Mailchimp’s integration, according to an emailed statement from Mailchimp.
- The integration was originally made possible by a Shopify app developed by Mailchimp, which has since been pulled from the Shopify App Store.
- It’s important to note that store owners already using the app and integration will not be affected at this time.
- “Unfortunately, Shopify has removed the Mailchimp for Shopify integration from their marketplace, making it unavailable for new downloads. We’re disappointed that Shopify would take this action during the holiday season — the busiest time of year for online sellers. While Shopify’s decision to prevent new downloads has caused a major disruption for many of our shared customers, we’re relieved they have not removed the integration for existing connected accounts. We’re working to make sure our customers have the resources and support they need, and to reduce the burden as much as possible. Our small business customers need options when it comes to which tools they use to accomplish their business goals. Strategic partnerships are an important part of how we provide those options. We value our partnership with Shopify and are eager to come to a resolution for our mutual customers,” reads a statement MixDex received from a Mailchimp public relations representative.
- The listing on the app store now reads: “Mailchimp for Shopify is currently not published in the Shopify App Store. If you have questions or require support, contact the developer directly.”
- The email did not address why the decision was made, despite requests for that information.
- Mailchimp also created a page that addresses the issue.
- “As of November 16, Mailchimp customers can no longer set up new connections using the Mailchimp for Shopify integration. The integration is still available for users who already have it installed. We know this is a disruption for our shared customers, and we hope the integration will be made available again soon,” the page reads.
- The page also provides manual ways to add Shopify users to your email marketing lists — as well as both paid and free third party apps and services that can help.
- The move to discontinue this service to new merchants, especially the week before Black Friday and Cyber Monday, is taking heat online — with many users voicing their frustration.
- The last line on Mailchimp’s information page reads “If the integration becomes active again or we have other news to share, we’ll let you know by updating this page,” which seems to make it less certain that the integration will return.
- MixDex has reached out to Shopify for comment.