Disney+ streaming service release date, price, shows and what movies and TV shows to expect
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- In April 2019, Disney announced that Disney+ will cost $6.99 per month, or a discounted rate of $69.99 per year.
- Disney+ is expected to launch in late 2019.
- Disney+ will include 7,000 TV episodes and 400 to 500 movies at launch.
- Disney already operates ESPN+, sports oriented streaming service operated by its subsidiary, ESPN.
- According to Disney, Disney+ will be focused on family-friendly programming.
- Much of this will include Disney’s archive of movies but will also cull content from National Geographic, Marvel, Pixar and the Star Wars brand.
- Disney+ has also been announced as the exclusive streaming home for “The Simpsons.”
- Disney is also reportedly planning to develop scripted and non-scripted content for the service.
- Most of Disney’s content will no longer be available on Netflix.
- Disney did not renew its streaming deal with Netflix and that deal is expected to expire in 2019.
- Hulu, meanwhile, which Disney is already a shareholder in but will become majority stakeholder, will still feature content from within the Disney family, with a focus on content not well suited for the family-friendly brand Disney+.
- Disney+ will notably, according to the latest announcements, not include ABC television network content, which will remain on Hulu.