“Sesame Street” can only be streamed via HBO Now or HBO Go.
- As part of a 2015 partnership between production company Sesame Workshop and HBO, new episodes of “Sesame Street” now are available exclusively for nine months after release on HBO and its streaming platforms.
- After that point, they are available to air on local PBS stations, subject to the station’s local schedule.
- However, the HBO deal gave HBO the exclusive streaming rights to both old and new episodes of the show, yanking them from Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.
- So, in short, if you want to stream “Sesame Street” you either need to subscribe to HBO (which gives you access to HBO Go) or HBO Now.
- To watch episodes for free or with your existing cable subscription, you can still tune into your local PBS station as long the show is on their schedule.
- You will, however, be seeing the episodes at least nine months after they were released on HBO.