‘90210’ cast reunites in teaser trailer for reboot
Fox has released a teaser for the reboot of “Beverly Hills 90210,” officially known as “BH90210.”
- Much of the original cast is returning, including Shannen Doherty, Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling.
- The six episode “event series” takes on a bit of a “meta” plot.
- In the series, each of the actors will play “heightened” versions of themselves — not their characters on the original series.
- The plot will follow the actors as they reunite for a reboot of the series.
- In other words, it’s a “show within a show” type approach.
- In Fox’s teaser trailer, the cast is shown coming to a table read.
- However, Entertainment Weekly reported that the scripts shown at the table are faux — the show doesn’t go into production until late May.