ABC 7 Chicago moves pride parade coverage into afternoon from late night
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
ABC O&O WLS in Chicago will cover the city’s Pride Parade for the 16th year.
- The parade itself starts at noon on Sunday, June 30, 2019.
- WLS’s coverage of the parade starts at 1 p.m. that day.
- Previously the station aired taped parade coverage late in the evening.
- The station also aired a special Pride-themed edition of “Windy City Live” on June 7.
- Parade coverage will be hosted by ABC 7’s entertainment reporter and “190 North” host
Janet Davies and WXRT radio personality Terri Hemmert, with ABC 7 Eyewitness News morning team anchor Terrell Brown.
- Cathy Karp will produced WLS’s coverage.
- Ryan Chiaverini, Eric Horng, Jason Knowles, Hank Mendheim, Liz Nagy, Roz Varon and Val Warner will ride on the station’s float in the parade.