Apple announces its streaming and news service
During a Monday, March 25, 2019, event, Apple announced its new premium streaming and news services.
- Named Apple TV+ and Apple News+, the two new services represent a high anticipated expansions by Apple.
- AppleTV+ will debut this fall and will featuring original programming available exclusively via the the Apple TV app.
- No pricing for Apple TV+ has been announced, though it is expected to be comparable to other streaming services.
- Apple News+, meanwhile, is available now and costs $9.99 a month.
- The service builds on the still free Apple News service, adding access to premium magazine, newspaper and digital content.
- Apple News appears to incorporate magazine content from Texture, a magazine app that Apple acquired in 2018. As of the announcement, Texture remains available as a standalone product, including apps for Apple, Amazon and Android devices.