Barr sets press conference for Thursday morning
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Attorney General William Barr has announced at 9:30 a.m. eastern time press conference.
- While Barr is expected to discuss the Mueller Report, there has not been any clear indication if the redacted version Barr has promised to release will be released at that time.
- Barr has now missed Congress’ requested deadline of April 2 to release the full report and likely, depending on how you calculate things, his own rather vague promise of release it “within a week” of April 9.
- Barr has indicated the report will be redacted.
- Democrats, meanwhile, blasted the timing of just before the Good Friday holiday.
- If the report is also released Thursday, it would closely resemble a “Friday night news dump” (albeit on a different day) due to the long holiday weekend.