Billy Bush set to return to TV
Former “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, who was ousted from his job on “Today” after leaked audio of an off-camera conversation with Donald Trump emerged, has signed on to host the new version of “Extra.”
- To be named “ExtraExtra,” following the show’s longtime audio cue, the syndicated entertainment show will be revamped for his arrival in Fall 2019.
- Current “Extra” host Mario Lopez, meanwhile, was named as host of rival “Access Hollywood” in July 2019.
- When it returns, “ExtraExtra” is expected to be produced from NBC’s old Burbank studios — the same location it used before switching to an outdoor format.
- Bush hosed the NBCUniversal-produced “Access Hollywood” until 2016, when he moved over to the NBC News as a co-host of “Today” in October.
- The tape of him and Trump, which was part of a 2005 interview, leaked that same month and he was later suspended and then fired from “Today” over the scandal.