Afters segments from a sometimes heated interview with “CBS This Morning” co-anchor Gayle King and musician R. Kelly has drawn considerable attention over the days-long release of the clips, CBS is creating a primetime special around it.
- “The Gayle King Interview with R. Kelly” will air Friday, March 8, 2019 at 8 p.m. eastern.
- The network is already heavily promoting the special at the same time it’s airing parts of a separate interview with two women who defend the singer.
- The timeslot will put the special up against the second half of a two hour “20/20” on ABC, displacing an episode of “Blue Bloods” as well as “Dateline” on NBC.
- It’s worth noting that King, whose contract is up this year and has been rumored to be considering leaving CBS, has her name listed first.
- While the special is expected to showcase portions of the interview not previously aired, CBS has indicated that the interview, in whole, lasted approximately 70 minutes, so it’s unlikely the entire interview will be aired.