CBS vice chairman Shari Redstone has spoken with Megyn Kelly and Donald Trump about launching a conservative news network, The Hollywood Reporter reports.
- Sources tell THR that Viacom is reportedly looking to use Pluto, the streaming service it acquired in in March, to offer a streaming component to such a network.
- THR also reports that Redstone is also considering converting one of Viacom’s existing cable channels to carry the right wing news and opinion network.
- According to the report, Redstone has met with former Fox personalities about the idea, including Megyn Kelly.
- Meanwhile, Viacom denies that it is planning to launch “any TV news channel, conservative or otherwise,” according to Deadline.
- Once the CBS-Viacom merger is complete, the combined conglomerate will own CBSN, a 24 hour streaming news service from CBS News.