Chicago’s independent station tops morning and midday ratings
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- “WGN Morning News,” which airs from 4 to 10 a.m., was top in both total viewers and in the adults age 25-54 demo.
- “WGN Midday News,” 11 a.m. to noon also won in both total viewers and the demo.
- The station is famous for its irreverent morning newscast lead by anchors Larry Potash and Robin Baumgarten.
- It’s rare for independent stations to take top place in news ratings — but WGN’s established news blocks, style and personalities seem to have hit home with viewers.
- At 5 p.m., WGN came in fourth with a 2.5 in households and 5 share. In the demo, it came in third with 0.9 and 5.
- The station’s 6 p.m. newscast continued its fourth place ranking and ratings at the 5 p.m. block. The demo scored third with a 1.1 and 4.
- WGN’s 9 p.m. newscast garnered a 4.3 and 7 and 1.7 and 5 in the demo, while its 10 p.m. newscast registered a 2.8 and 5 and 1.4 and 5 in the demo.