CNN revamping business brand
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
CNN is rebranding its digital business coverage under a new name, reports Bloomberg.
- The “CNN Money” name will be replaced by the new umbrella name “CNN Business.”
- CNN Money, CNN Media and CNN Tech will, in turn, become part of the CNN Business branding.
- The change comes as CNN revamps its digital operations after the unit reportedly failed to meet key financial goals in 2017.
- In addition to the rebrand, CNN will open a bureau in San Fransisco.
- The bureau will be home to about six reporters, with the goal of boosting the network’s coverage of tech and business in Silicon Valley.
- The “CNN Money” name dates back to 2001 when CNN partnered with then-sister magazine Money as part of a “corporate synergy” approach.
- CNN continued to use the “money” name, albeit in a generic sense, after ending its partnership with Money, which has since been sold to Meredith.
- CNN execs tell Bloomberg that the new “business” name will help dispel the notion that CNN’s business coverage is limited to personal finance.