CNN’s PR team is taking a nod from its “#FactsFirst” apple themed promos and added an apple emoji to the end of its tweet in reply to independent station KUSI’s claim that it declined a report from the station on the border wall.
- The apple emoji appears to have been entered by hand by CNN’s PR team.
- It does not appear to be one of the emojis Twitter automatically inserts next to hashtags.
- Many of these implementations are paid for by sponsors.
- Twitter also inserts icons next to hashtags surrounding holidays, special events, social and political movements and other causes.
- CNN’s Twitter profile also features the hashtag with emoji.