‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’ adds Billy Porter in host shuffle
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Dick Clark Productions has announced some key talent changes for its “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.”
- Jenny McCarthy has joined Ryan Seacrest in Times Square since the 2010 edition, but announced earlier this year she would not be returning.
- Because of this, the show will move Lucy Hale from New Orleans to NYC.
- “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2020″ will add Billy Porter as host of New Orleans festivities.
- The show’s namesake, the late Dick Clark, had hosted since 1974.
- After Clark suffered a stroke in 2004, Regis Philbin filled in as host for one year.
- Seacrest was then named host of the annual broadcast, though Clark would continue to appear until his death in 2012.