Nielsen DMAs go into effect
The 2019-2020 designated market areas (more commonly known as DMAs), took effective today, Sept. 28, 2019.
- There were some minor changes in the top 30 markets.
- However, the top 5 markets — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and Dallas-Ft. Worth remained the same.
- The San Fransisco Bay Area market grew 2 spots, while Washington, D.C. dropped one.
- Houston also lost a spot, as did Tampa, Florida and Nashville, Tennessee.
- Raleigh dropped two spots.
- Phoenix, Arizona, grew one spot.
- The biggest growth spot in the Top 30 was Indianapolis, which climbed 3 spots.
- Click here to see Nielsen’s PDF list of the current markets.