Fox host can’t say Chinese name and when Asian reporter helps him out, this was his response
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- On the Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018, edition of “Fox & Friends,” Kimeade helmed a Fox Business branded segment with correspondent Susan Li.
- “Markets rose sharply Monday in reaction to the trade truce worked out over the weekended in a two and a half hour meeting with Chinese president …” read Kilmeade, before struggling to say Xi’s name, which was supposed to come at that point in the script.
- Li, who was on set and had her mic open, jumped in to correct him with the pronunciation of the name.
- “Yeah, that’s true too,” Kilmeade said sarcastically in response to her pronunciation help.
- Li, according to her bio, was born in Beijing and grew up in Canada. She speaks English fluently as well as Cantonese and Mandarin.