Fox News leaves empty chair on set for Krauthammer — who used a wheelchair
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Fox News’ “Special Report with Brett Baier,” of which the late Charles Krauthammer was a frequent panelist, closed with an empty chair on set in his memory Thursday, June 21, 2018 — and, although a touching tribute to Krauthammer, was also a bit odd given that he typically sat in a wheelchair:
- Krauthammer died June 21 from an aggressive form of cancer.
- Krauthammer had not appeared on Fox News recently due to his illness, but did have the show read several statements about his health over the past months.
- Krauthammer, who was paralyzed from the neck down due to a diving accident he had in college.
- For the close of “Special Report,” an empty chair was placed in Krauthammer’s spot in his memory.
- Krauthammer normally used a wheelchair due to his paralysis, and a review of many of Fox News appearances show he typically used the wheelchair on set rather than transferring to a traditional anchor chair.