Fox Sports names Mark Silverman president of its national networks
Fox Sports has named veteran media executive Mark Silverman to the position of president of national networks.
- Silverman, a 26-year media executive and no stranger to the Fox Sports family, currently serves as president of the Big Ten Network, a joint venture between Fox Sports and the Big Ten Conference, where he has overseen all aspects of the network since its inception in 2007
- Silverman led BTN to unprecedented success during his tenure and has grown the BTN brand to over 60 million subscribers throughout the United States and Canada
- Under Silverman’s leadership, BTN has extended its portfolio beyond the traditional linear network with extensive digital media offerings such as BTN2Go and BTN Plus
- BTN has received numerous marketing and programming awards including two Emmy nominations for The Journey: Big Ten Basketball and an Edward R. Murrow Award in the category of video sports reporting
- Silverman will assume his new role effective Jan. 16, 2018 and will oversee all programming, production, marketing, and digital for Fox, FS1 and FS2 live events and studio shows. He will also retain his current responsibilities at BTN
- Silverman began his media career in the entertainment industry at The Walt Disney Company, where he held a number of executive positions during his 13-year tenure, principally in the television and movie studio divisions