HLN announces major programming shakeup
Word of the changes was first reported by Mediaite.
- The network is canceling “Across America with Carol Costello,” “Crime & Justice with Ashleigh Banfield,” and “Michaela,” hosted by Michaela Pereira.
- Costello, Banfield and Pereira are all reportedly leaving the network.
- To make up for the canceled shows, “Morning Express” will add two hours, running from 6 a.m. to noon eastern.
- “On the Story” will air from noon to 3 p.m. and be hosted by a rotating roster of anchors.
- The programming changes mean HLN will no longer produce any live programming out of New York or Los Angeles.
- All remaining programs will be produced from the network’s headquarters in Atlanta.
- After 3 p.m., the network will move to a long form, taped programming model.
- HLN exec Ken Jautz wrote “Cable news landscape is dominated by politics,” and the network’s “live news shows have not benefitted from this trend given our story mix” in a memo obtained by Mediaite.
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) October 16, 2018