According to published reports, as of Monday, Nov. 12, 2018, Megyn Kelly is still employed by NBC News.
- NBC canceled her morning talk show “Megyn Kelly Today” after Kelly made controversial comments about blackface on the Oct. 23, 2018, episode.
- Kelly apologized on the next episode, Oct. 24, but the damaged was done.
- NBC announced her show would air reruns Oct. 25 and Oct. 26 to round out the week.
- By Oct. 26, the show was toast, with NBC officially announcing its cancellation.
- Kelly is reportedly negotiating a departure from the network to try to get as much money left on her contract as possible, while NBC is reportedly trying to get out of paying the full value of the remaining time on her deal.
- NBC did take down her show website and most references to her have been removed from the “Today” website.
- However, these removals are not unexpected since her show has been canceled and, while, as of this writing, she remains on NBC payroll, she does not have an official assignment.