‘Jeopardy!’ announces unique ‘All Star’ games for 35th anniversary season
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
As part of its 35th anniversary celebration, syndicated quiz show “Jeopardy!” is planning a team-based “All Star” game series.
- “Eighteen of our winningest and most popular players will compete head-to-head in our first-ever tournament with teams,” says the announcement posted online by “Jeopardy!”
- The teams will feature team captains Colby Burnett, Buzzy Cohen, Julia Collins, Ken Jennings, Austin Rogers and Brad Rutter.
- Leonard Cooper, Roger Craig, Jennifer Giles, Ben Ingram, Matt Jackson, Alex Jacob, Larissa Kelly, Alan Lin, David Madden, Pam Mueller, Monica Thieu and Seth Wilson will join the tournament.
- All 18 contestants will participate in a Facebook Live draft event hosted by Alex Trebek on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018, at 10 a.m. pacific time.
- The live draft will also be the first live broadcast the show has ever done, so you fans will get a unique look at what happens on and off the set, according to the show.
- The actual games will air Feb. 20 to March 5, 2019.
- In addition, “Jeopardy!” is planning a “fantasy league sweepstakes” for fans.