Longtime Orlando anchor to retire
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
- Salt first joined WFTV in 1981 as a reporter after working briefly at the market’s NBC affiliate, WESH.
- In 1984 she was promoted to anchor alongside Bob Opsahl, creating a powerhouse team that dominated local ratings.
- Salt left WFTV in 1994 for WFTS in Tampa, where she anchored under her married name, Martie Tucker.
- In 2003 she returned to WFTV and was reunited with Opsahl at the anchor desk.
- In 2015, former crosstown anchor Martha Sugalski joined the station in a high profile move, which displaced Salt.
- WFTV reassigned her to the noon as well making her the station’s community ambassador under its “9 Family Connection” banner.
- Sugalski anchored the station’s 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts, as well as its 10 p.m. on sister station WRDQ alongside Opsahl.
- Opsahl retired in May 2015, with morning anchor Greg Warmoth replacing him.