‘Megyn Kelly Today’ uses ‘Club MK’ to hawk products
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
“Megyn Kelly Today” kicked off August with a new installment of its “Club MK” audience giveaways.
- “Club MK” first started being promoted in June 2018.
- There really isn’t a “club” per se — it’s more just the name of a segment where Kelly gives away fitness, beauty and lifestyle products.
- Typically her studio audience goes home with the giveaway — along with one online winner.
- A “Strong By Zumba” workout pass was the latest giveaway, with others including water bottles, skin softeners, luggage and teeth whitening treatments.
- The show is now promoting one giveaway each day in August.
- Giveaways, which are typically gray areas of product placement with the merchants providing the products free of charge and, in some cases paying an additional fee to the show, are a mainstay of daytime and lifestyle programming.
- “Megyn Kelly Today” had a similar series of giveaways in December in the name “Megyn’s Month of Merry.”