Analysis by The New York Post shows that Fox’s poll showing most Americans support impeachment of Donald Trump underrepresented independent and Republican voters.
- Fox hired Braun Research to conduct the poll.
- In the poll data, Braun noted 48% of its respondents were Democrats.
- However, Gallup, another polling organization, uses the breakdown of 31% Democrat, 29% Republican and 38% independent.
- According to the Post, adjusting the data would have shown 44.9% favored impeachment and 44.4% were against.
- Rumblings of the poll’s purported inaccuracy began in the conservative media sphere last week.
- Fox and The New York Post are both controlled by conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch and his family.